Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I get a copy of my DLIFLC transcript or DLPT ACE credit recommendations sent to my home address? School? College? University?

A: You may easily obtain a copy of your transcript by filling out a DLIFLC Form 220 for coursework and a DLIFLC Form 420 for DLPT American Council on Education [ACE] college credit recommendations. You may mail, fax, or scan/email the request forms to the Registrar's Office. Be sure to completely fill-out the forms. We are unable to process requests that contain incomplete information or are unsigned.

Q: Is there a fee?

A: DLIFLC does not charge for transcripts or DLPT ACE credit reports.

Q: What is the turnaround time for transcript and DLPT scores requests?

A: Due to current staffing levels, turnaround time for your transcript and/or DLPT ACE credit report is approximately 3-4 weeks. Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery of the transcript by mail.

Q: Can I have my transcript faxed or emailed to my school, or prospective employer?

A: Due to restrictions on releasing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) via unencrypted/unsecured means, we are prevented from sending your information through an unsecured e-mail or fax line. Our only current option for delivery is via the U.S. Postal Service.

Q: Can I have my transcript sent through overnight express mail?

A: Yes, however, you must make all associated arrangements. The Registrar's Office cannot assume shipping costs. Contact the Registrar's office to get the physical address.

Q: I submitted a transcript request to DLIFLC. My school has not received my transcript. Do I need to resubmit another transcript request?

A: No. However, please call us should your desired institution(s) not receive a copy of your transcript. See the Contact Registrar Office link on the menu to your left, or send an email through the Contact Us at the bottom of this website.

Q: I have received an official copy of my transcript. Was a copy sent to the school I had indicated on my request?

A: Yes, assuming that you provided the correct address.

Q. I did not earn a Diploma while at DLIFLC. Can I get credits for completed DLIFLC coursework?

A: You may receive academic credit for completed DLIFLC coursework assuming you met academic criteria.

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my DLAB test score?

A: Contact the Test Control Officer [TCO] at the location where you took the DLAB.

Q: How do I get a copy of my DLPT/OPI scores for FLPB or to update my records?

A: Only the Test Control Officer [TCO] at the location where you took the DLPT/OPI can issue official reports of scores for other than educational purposes. If your TCO is unable to find your DLPT or OPI scores, ask the TCO to contact the DLIFLC Testing Division for assistance.

Q: How can I attend one of the language programs at DLIFLC?

A: Enrollment at DLIFLC is for members of the U.S. Armed Forces (Active, Reserve and National Guard) and Federal Agencies. Students must be sponsored by their organization.

DLIFLC 1759 Lewis Rd. Bldg 614, Ste. 251 - Presidio of Monterey - Monterey, CA 93944 (831) 242-5119, (DSN-768)